Monday, November 10, 2008

Sunday-Night Chef


Sunday-Night Chef
Originally uploaded by qwickening
I'm a slooooooooooow cook. Chopping things takes a lot of time for me, and I'm generally too impatient to want to cook on weeknights. Weekends are a different matter. I don't mind (and somewhat enjoy) cooking on weekends. Lots of time. Lots of snacks to tide me over. Good times.

This past Sunday, I made lasagna using Tinkyada's rice noodles. You can buy them on Amazon Fresh or at PCC. I basically followed the recipe on the side of the box, minus the mushrooms, plus a little extra eggplant. I also used pre-made pasta sauce instead of straight-up tomato sauce.

I have to say, I'm really impressed with the results. The Tinkyada stuck together a little bit, but that's my fault for not stirring it enough. (I added a glug of olive oil to the pot, but maybe I could have added another one.) The noodles weren't perfect, but it's lasagna -- who cares! What mattered was the taste and texture, and it was goooood. (Better than the Amy's frozen rice lasagna -- and way cheaper.) BTW, I still can't quite get over how fast Jason's Viking range cooks. Gas is crazy fast compared to my old coil electric stove.

No comments: