Monday, November 10, 2008

seeing the light at el diablo


Light at El Diablo
Originally uploaded by qwickening
I recently splurged on a fancy digital SLR camera, the Nikon D90. Jason has a good selections of lenses already, so the choice to go with Nikon was simple. I'm fairly new the this SLR thing. Despite being a Person Who Reads Manuals, I'm learning more from Jason than from the manual. Important things like... Don't use the manual focus ring when your camera is on auto-focus. Buy a UV filter for the end of your lens so you don't have to worry about dirt and scratches as much.

In any event, I brought my new toy with me to Saturday knitting with Maggi and the other girls. I'm particularly proud of this photo because it was my first manual focus photo that turned out. Go me.

Why am I bothering with manual focus, you ask? Because sometimes I feel like the auto-focus is just wrong. It often feels like the camera "knows best" and refuses to take a picture. I'm sure that's a whole chapter in my manual that I've skimmed over. :-) I'm still learning...

No comments: