Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Surely You're Joking, Mr. Ford!

I just received a quote from Bill Pierre Ford for a Ford Escape Hybrid and nearly shit my pants once I got past the sticker he presented.

As you can see, the MSRP is $34,455. Along with that we are asking for a $2,995 mark up because of the small availability of these highly demaded vehicles. Your total price would be $37,450. I understand you are shopping around, and looking at the toyota product along with the Mercury. I know from my previous Hybrid customers that the toyota product is running anywhere from $4,000 - $6,000 more with the same equipment. And being an informative internet based consumer, I'm sure you know this already. As for the Mercury product, it is the same vehicle with minor cosmetic differences, and pricing should be very close. Please let me know when would be a good time for you to come in so I can go over all the finer details with you. I look forward in meeting you and have a great day.


$3k mark up ABOVE MSRP? Seriously?? Surely you're joking, Mr. Ford!

And, furthermore, Toyota isn't pulling any of this "high demand" shit for their Highlander. I've been quoted prices well below MSRP. In fact, I've been quoted what I would consider as fairly fair prices above invoice. At the very least, they're definitely prices I am not offended by.

Gah! And the reason I would pay another $4-5k for the Highlander is because it's a bigger vehicle! GAH! AND the Toyota dealers spell check their emails!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow. I wonder if Ford knows that their dealerships are pulling this? Generally the dealership is not owned by the parent company so this could be some unique stuff at the dealer level, you may want to ping another Ford dealer.

:q! said...

Thanks to @dlifson for these links:

http://clusterstock.alleyinsider.com/2009/1/hybrid-car-sales-down-53-in-november

http://www.iht.com/articles/2009/01/04/business/marketing.php?page=1

It helps me feel a little bit better about just walking (or running) away from this Ford dealer.