Thursday, January 15, 2009

Dealer Update

For the record, all three Toyota dealerships gave me painless quotes below MSRP. I thought I was 2 for 3, but it turns out one was in my spam folder. I blame Yahoo, not the dealer.

On the other side of the fence, I've gotten 1 quote out of 3 Ford Dealers. The quote was outrageous. (See previous post.) The other two Ford Dealers seem unable to use email to provide quotes. They called on Monday, but despite my pinging them via email repeatedly, I have received little love from them via email. I might call them this weekend, but then again, I'm starting to feel less of a patriotic need to save Ford and more of a capitalistic need to see the inferior merchant go down in flames.

As far as the Mercury Mariner goes, one of 2 dealers got back to me and told me the following: "We have been having tremendous success with the Hybrid, so much that they are only building sold orders and will not ship Hybrids for store stock." As much as I want to be part of the hybrid market demand, I don't know how I feel about paying full MSRP (or worse) for a built-to-order car.

And finally, I've started looking at used cars more. There's a beat up old Jeep Grand Cherokee on a lot on Aurora for less than $4k that looks tempting. Nice and square. Boxy is my friend. :-)

No comments: